HOW TO SELL YOUR WEDDING DRESS
SELLING CRITERIA:a&bé buys wedding dresses from past brides for consignment based on the year the dress was made, size, quality, designer, condition, retail price, and style.
- That you can provide proof of purchase. (if you purchased your dress with a&bé or anna bé, we are happy to look up your invoice if you do not have it.)
- The dress has been professionally cleaned.
- The dress reflects current bridal trends.
- The dress is 3 years old or newer.
- The dress is in great condition and needs no serious repairs.
- That you paid $1,200 or more (pre-tax) for the dress.
- a&bé will not accept one-of-a-kind, or custom made dresses that were not purchased from a retailer or verified bridal designer. this does not include custom changes to your dress that you purchased through a retailer, we happily accept those.
HOW WE APPROACH OUR PRICING:
- a&bé aims to set approachable prices that are fair for both the consignor and the buyer based on our experience of 10+ years in the bridal industry.
- a&bé will give you a price range offer in which we believe the dress will sell best at, and then you set the price within that price range.
- a&bé agrees to pay the consignor 55% of the final sale price (excluding sales tax).
- a&bé manages and markets your listing, coordinates shipping, provides styling expertise to match the customer to the perfect dress, and donates a percentage of OUR portion of the sale to babes on a mission women focused charities.
THE PROCESS OF SELLING YOUR DRESS:
1. CLEAN GOWN: if your gown has not yet been cleaned, you can start that process here or contact a local, trusted cleaner to get your gown cleaned.
2. SUBMIT: next, submit your form. please be careful to select the form that best fits your situation. have questions about what you need to provide to submit your dress. Please keep in mind that the information you give us on this form is what we use to build your listing and the images you submit are going to help sell your gown. Please take the time to submit appealing photos and accurate measurements. Here is a good example of a listing.
3. PRICING: if we accept your submission for our a&bé online collection, we will suggest a price range based on our current market knowledge and the condition, the age, and style of dress.
4. CONTRACT: when we agree on the price, you will sign a contract to list your dress for the agreed-upon price for 120 days and for the following 30 days for 25% off for a total listing period of 150 days if you agree to do so. we will manage and market your listing and handle coordinating shipping and communication with the buyers so you can sit back and relax.
5. SOLD! we will ship out your gown to the bride in a beautiful package and assist the bride with any questions about the gown that she has.
6. RETURNS: the buyer has 4 days to return the gown if it’s not the right dress for them. if the dress is returned, the gown will be shipped back to headquarters and kept there until it sells again or until the contracted listing time period expires.
7. PAYMENT: if the buyer decides to keep the gown, you will receive 55% of the sale price of the dress once the buyer’s payment has been processed. you celebrate that you just helped the earth, made another bride’s wedding dress fantasies come true, and made a little cash money. win, win for everyone!
8. LISTING TIMING: If your dress has not sold in the 150 day consignment period, we will take the listing down and communicate about getting the dress back to you if the dress is in our possession.
have any other questions? refer to our seller's FAQ
LET’S DO IT! WHAT FORM BEST DESCRIBES YOUR DRESS?