Below are some of our most Frequently Asked Questions about buying a dress from shopaandbe.com. If you have any additional questions, please leave us a message here.
Q: where can I try on the dresses?
we are an online only brand! the only way to try on our online collection of sale dresses is by ordering through our site and having them delivered to your door! if you need to make a return, you can do so within 4 days of receiving the dress using the return label provided in your box. we try to make it easy to know your size & minimize the need for returns, but we have your back when its just not the right fit!
*items marked 'final sale' are not eligible for returns.
Q: what if I want to return the dress?
if you need to make a return, we've got your back. we accept returns on all eligible items for a full refund minus the cost of shipping for all merchandise that is returned in the exact same condition as it was delivered. returns must be initiated within 4 business days of you receiving the dress (each gown is one of a kind, and if it is not the right fit for you, there may be other brides eagerly awaiting to try it on!). simply pack the gown back up in the original bag and box, and use the provided return label. you can drop off the package at any UPS business or schedule a pick-up at your front door. it's that easy! you’re welcome.
*final sale items including the Deal Of The Week may not be returned or exchanged.
Q: do you offer store credit?
we do not have store credit options. simply process your return for a refund minus the cost of shipping and place another order if you like!
Q: how long will it take to receive my refund?
once we receive and inspect the merchandise at our headquarters, your refund will be processed within 24-28 hours. if new damage to the merchandise has occurred, the refund amount and time to process the refund may be extended. in this instance, an a&bé representative will contact you discussing the details. please note that once a refund has been processed, it may take up to 10 days for the transaction to appear in your account.
Q: how do I know what size I am?
- first things first: take your body measurements. just follow this simple how-to video and we'll show you how it's done!
- the second step is to determine your size based on the a&bé size chart. we've made things pretty simple and converted all measurements for our sale gowns to this one simple size chart so you don't have to decipher confusing designer size charts. each dress listing will also have the measurements listed in the description so you can compare to your own personal measurements. we do our best to be as accurate as possible, but it's important to remember that all dresses are made by hand and may fit slightly differently based on the cut, shape or other factors. *please note that if the gown is listed as 'altered', the measurements and size are estimates made by the consignor and may not be exact.
- if you are measuring between sizes, we always recommend that you go with the larger size. it is typically easier to take a dress in in alterations than it is to let it out. if you have any questions about your measurements or the size of a particular dress, we are always happy to help! just shoot us an email or chat with us online and we will walk you through every step of the way.
Q: will the dress I order fit me perfectly?
- not quite! all brides need alterations to make the dress fit perfectly for them. no body is the same, we’re all unique.
- we recommend that you schedule a consultation with a local seamstress during the period that the dress is in your possession so that they can provide their professional opinion on what alterations will need to be done to the gown and provide an estimate of the cost.
Q: how much can the dress I purchase be altered?
- if a gown you are interested in is larger than your body measurements, a good rule of thumb is that gowns can be taken in up to 2 sizes or a total of 3" before losing the integrity of the design. if a dress needs to be taken in more than that, the alterations necessary may exceed what most professional tailors and seamstresses consider 'standard.' each dress is unique, however, and our expert stylists will be happy to provide more information about the construction of the particular gown you are interested in. *please note that while our stylists are extremely knowledgable about gown construction and the dresses listed in our inventory, a&bé is not responsible for providing professional alterations quotes or recommendations.
- if a gown you are interested in is smaller than your body measurements, it may be more difficult, or even impossible, to have it fitted properly in alterations. some gowns may have a small seam allowance that a tailor or seamstress can let out, however, this amount usually does not exceed more than 1/2"-1" total. alternative options may be available depending on the design of the dress such as adding a corset or additional fabric, however, these types of alterations typically fall outside of what seamstresses consider to be 'standard', and may increase the overall cost. each dress is unique, however, and our expert stylists will be happy to provide more information about the construction of the particular gown you are interested in.
Q: how do I know if I'm getting what I ordered?
every dress listed on shopaandbe.com has been vetted through our extensive authentication process in order to ensure that the condition and description provided in the listing is as accurate as possible. all dresses owned by a&bé, or dresses that have been sent by the consignor to a&bé headquarters have been physically inspected and authenticated before being listed for sale. some consignment listings may still be in the possession of the consignor and have been authenticated and inspected through photographs. if you purchase a dress that is still in the possession of the consignor, the dress must first be shipped to a&be headquarters for a physical inspection before it is shipped to you. in the case that the dress does not meet our high standards or does not match the listing information provided to us by the seller, we will keep you in the loop and come up with a plan that both parties feel comfortable with. and of course, if you are not satisfied with your purchase, we are happy to provide a full refund minus the cost of return shipping.